The TEGE Exempt Organizations Council, in partnership with D.C. Car Continuing Legal Education, is excited to announce that all seven sessions from the Council’s June 28, 2019 EO Update are now available for purchase, viewing, and CLE credit (attorneys only) at www.dcbar.org. To view and purchase the courses, click under “CLE”, then “On Demand Courses”, and then proceed to page 11. D.C. Bar CLE on demand courses are accredited for CLE in all jurisdictions that allow for CLE remote learning. The sessions include:
- “Form 990: Top Issues” – Eve Borenstein (Harmon Curran Spielberg & Eisenberg), Kathy Pitts (EY)
- “4960: A Practical Discussion on Employee Benefits and Deferred Compensation” – Andrea Gehman (Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory), William McNally (IRS Associate Chief Counsel (EEE)), Seth Safra (Proskauer & Rose), Syma Siddiqui (Johns Hopkins University), Chelsea Rubin (Morgan, Lewis & Bockius) (formerly IRS Associate Chief Counsel (EEE))
- “IRS, Exempt Organizations Update and Discussion” – Margaret Von Lienen (Director, Exempt Organizations, IRS), Stephen A. Martin (Director, Rulings & Agreements, Exempt Organizations, IRS), Lori Boyce (Deloitte Tax)
- “IRS and Treasury Regulatory Update” – Janine Cook (IRS Associate Chief Counsel (EEE)) and Elinor Ramey (Office of Tax Policy, Dept. of Treasury)
- “Capitol Hill Update” – Caroline Waldner (Morgan Lewis & Bockius), Gordon Clay (Legislation Counsel, Joint Committee on Taxation), John L. Schoenecker (Senior Investigative Counsel, Senate Finance Committee)
- “Social Philanthropy and Program Related Investments” – Rabecca Cross (Michael & Susan Dell Foundation), Jonathan Blum (Polsinelli)
- “EO Examination Issues” – Ray Bunyard (Baylor Scott & White), M. Michelle McCarthy (IRS TEGE Division Counsel), Alicia Janisch (Deloitte Tax)
CPE credit is not available for the on-demand sessions. We will explore this going forward.
Remember to save the date for our upcoming program on November 18, 2019 from 8-10 PDT / 9-11 MDT / 10-12 CDT / 11-1 EDT (note: the time has changed from our last email), which will take place live in DC and/or Cincinnati and be available by webinar for individual dial-in. Registration will open mid-September.
Please also save the date for our Annual Exempt Organizations Meeting on February 20-21, 2020 in DC. Agenda coming soon, with registration anticipated to open in October.